Looking for information on Cueto Family from Asturias

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Será posible que ninguno sepa lo que ye un cuetu!?
Un cuetu (castellanizado cueto o coto) es un monte, cerro, colina o montículo. Es más frecuente en el oriente de Asturias, pero apellidarse Cueto, Cuetos o Coto es como apellidarse Hill en inglés.

-------------------------------------------
Can it be that nobody knows what a "cuetu" is?!
A "cuetu" (castillianized cueto or coto) is a hill*. It is more frequent in eastern Asturias, but the surnames Cueto, Cuetos or Coto would be the equivalent of the surname "Hill" in English.

Terechu

* Sorry, but the words monte, cerro, colina and montículo are all "hill" in English.
Sweeney

Cueto from Salinas

Post by Sweeney »

I was recently going through some of my parents' old photo albums and came across a photo of a boy. On the back of the photo it says Floro Pedro Muniz Conde. I assume he is from Salinas because that is where my grandparents were from. Could he be related to you? I am pretty sure he is a cousin of mine. My great Aunts Maria and Olivia Artimez married two brothers with the surname Muniz. I have seen photos of the family crypt in Piedras Blancas and I remember a gravestone with the name Muniz Conde.

If you know Floro Pedro Muniz Conde let me know. I can email you the photo. 8)
Donna
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

Last edited by Anastasia on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marguerite Cueto

Post by Marguerite Cueto »

Ken---my Aunt Mary was married to your great Uncle Andy and my father is Charlie. He is the last of the Cueto's alive and turns 86 on March 2nd. I keep in touch with my cousin Louis, as well as Ramon [Herman's son]. My Uncle Joe died last year, Mecco in 2003, Sylvia in 2002, and Sequnda in the early 90s. Santiago {Mecco} was the only one still in WV. My Uncle Herman died in the early 70s, and Mary in the early 80s, as you probably know.
I take my Dad back to Clarksburg, to visit the family plot, and we take my kids to Spelter and he shares the memories of his childhood. We cherish the memories he shares with all of us, the stories we have heard repeatedly, but long to hear over and over. He and my Uncle Mecco were quite the pair to get together and let them reminisce.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Marguerite
Mary, Andy, Mecco. I worked with Mecco. They're all names from the past. I knew them all. I also knew Sylvia. I've been to her home when I was a kid. Mary was good friends with my mother. I remember her well, as well as Andy. They were two very nice people. Mecco would eat a baked apple everyday; he loved apples baked. At another time I'll tell you a story about them on one of their outings. Funny now, but not then.
Marguerite Cueto

Post by Marguerite Cueto »

Ron--who was your mother? My father is trying to figure out who you are and if he has met you.

Everyone in Spelter / Ziesing had a nickname. My Dad was Dud. It's so funny to hear his stories and all the nicknames they gave to each other.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Marguerite
The next time you decide to visit Clarksburg, let me know so we can exchange stories.
cmr2811

Re: Cueto family

Post by cmr2811 »

blancopen wrote::) Re: Cueto family in DePue, IL - in cemetery there is a family of Cueto. Francisco Cueto and his wife, Amparo. Sons are Frank, Jesus, and Joseph. All sons were veterans of WWII. Can try to learn more from older residents if interested in this family.
I am this family, My grandpa is the son of Amparo and Francisco, which is Joseph, he married Evelyn which is where my mom have came from, which broght me into the world. We have a very large family. Please love to know more if you have more. Feel free to email me.

I was just starting to think I would not find info about my great grand parents.

[Art: I removed the email address. They aren't allowed on the forum.]
cmr2811

Re: Cueto family

Post by cmr2811 »

[Art: I removed the email address. They aren't allowed on the forum.][/quote]

Art sorry about the email, I was so excited to see this I did not pay attention about putting my email.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

No problem. Thanks for understanding. I'd guess that we all hate spam!

----------------

Está bien. Gracias por entender. ¡Supongo que todos odiamos a spam!

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”